How's it going, pals?!
While I know things have been a wee bit quieter here on the blog, I truly appreciate you staying with me and commenting and doing all the fun things you do that make me feel super connected. I'm definitely in a phase/funk where I'm far less motivated than I normally am with work.
I'm sure that has a lot to do with the state of the world among other things, but I'm approaching it with curiosity versus judgement. As my mom always says, life is a transition. Sometimes you have to feel the feelings versus jump right to manipulating them.
Lovely Meals and Snacks Lately
I've been loving Yasso bars for a refreshing treat at night, especially the black raspberry chip! Anyone else a fan?
Still digging a big bowl of a mixture of cold cereals in the morning with almond milk, blueberries, walnuts and chia seeds. It comes together so quickly!
I made this Summer Vegetable Lasagna Skillet for dinner last night (Jeff's request!) and it was super satisfying. The cashew ricotta is sooo good and I love how many veggies are in the base.
Speaking of veggies, check out my friend's helpful post on How to Roast Frozen Vegetables if you're trying to boost your intake!
We went to Katalina's for brunch and it knocked my socks off. The Nutella stuffed pancake balls are literally one of the best things I've ever laid mouth on and the tacos were stellar, too. I might have to go back this weekend...
Made a batch of my chocolate almond flour banana bread for snacking...too good!
Gina's shrimp with coconut milk, tomatoes and cilantro...digging this easy and flavorful meal in our dinner rotation.
We tried a new restaurant that just opened in our neighborhood called Mid City Garage. I had the veggie muffuletta sandwich with portobellos, peppers, goat cheese, pesto, pickles, olives, and arugula. It was actually pretty tasty!
Still not over this edible cookie dough. I eat it by the spoonful right from the fridge and it's so cold and satisfying. I ran into a friend the other day who told me he made the recipe and ate it all in one day...LOL.
We made my enchiladas for dinner except I topped them with shredded colby jack cheese and holy moly...they were next level!!
I've been getting a Post Workout smoothie (strawberry, banana, beet powder, chocolate plant protein, cacao, almond milk) and pesto avocado toast like every other day from Alchemy. Yum!
Fusian sushi with asparagus, avocado, carrot, cucumber, and salmon topped with spicy mayo and sesame seeds. I crave this so much now!
I remember how I used to go to build your own places like these and feel the need to put stuff every healthy ingredient ever into that one meal, to always get the most nutrition bang for my buck, often at the expense of flavor and satisfaction. I feel grateful to be able to enjoy simpler foods with a yummy sauce that I would have feared adding before!
And lastly...I didn't get an iPhone pic but we've been LOVING these grilled fruit kabobs! You haven't lived until you've tasted grilled bananas, I'm telling you.
5 Things I’m Loving Right Now
1. Favorite products: This Tender Flesh blush in "glaze." It's warm and earthy and adds the perfect pop of summery glow! I'm equally obsessed with this buttery, lightweight Fleshy Lips sheer lipstick in "hungry." It's moisturizing and feels fabulous. Similar to the blush, it's a gorgeous warm, terra cotta tone. I wear it daily!
2. Favorite shows: Queer Eye. Every time I watch a new episode, I feel happier, lighter, and more grateful. If I weren't in the food/wellness space, I would absolutely love doing something that lifts others in that way...so soulful and life-giving. We also just started watching Goliath on Amazon Prime, which came highly recommended from a friend.
3. On my wish list: This animal print cover-up. I'm in need of a new one and this looks so easy breezy!
4. Favorite book: Just finished Such a Fun Age and honestly didn't love it. The plot and characters felt under-developed and the storyline overall felt underwhelming and juvenile. It was entertaining to listen to for sure, but I don't understand what the hype was about. I've heard good things about Beach Read, which I just started. Another one on my list is Real Men Knit. I'm exciting to read more books by black authors this year!
5. Favorite articles of clothing: This white camo sports bra. I have a lot of athleisure from Athleta and it's all sooo comfortable and flattering! I also live in these black shorts (they run large so I recommend sizing down).
Have a wonderful week, friends!