What’s good, my friends! I hope your week is full of more sunshine than we have here in Columbus, OH. Cheers to nicer weather (and more normalcy) ahead!
Onto the lovely meals, snack, and treats lately.
Bean balls with Trader Joe’s brown rice penne pasta and marinara. A favorite of ours!
A super loaded smoothie with frozen mango, banana, pineapple, tart cherries, peanut butter, flax, spinach, matcha collagen, Silk soy yogurt, almond milk, and ice. Topped with Lil Bucks matcha buckwheat crispies for the best crunch!
Salmon burgers with Bubbie’s pickles, roasted potatoes, asparagus, and salad with white cheddar, carrots, and cucumber.
Fluffy Orange Muffins on repeat! Have you tried them yet?
Cranberry walnut bread. Friends, I’m loving making bread. I used this recipe but did 3 cups whole wheat flour plus 1 cup white spelt flour and added 3/4 cup chopped walnuts and 1/2 cup dried cherries to the mix. So divine toasted with peanut butter!
Eggs and cranberry walnut toast with avocado plus strawbs on the side.
An epic meal from the Market IV Box! The Market is a sister restaurant to Alchemy and this is their latest endeavor. Mostly everything comes prepared, so all you have to do is some minimal cooking things and assembly.
The food is absolutely incredible. I’d expect nothing less from Chef Tyler! This week’s vegetarian dinner box featured an amazing parmesan white bean brodo (broth), crispy polenta cakes with carrot butter and spring vegetables, and not pictured pickled deviled eggs. Jeff had the omnivore box which involved steak and carrot risotto. It was crazy good and such a nice change.
Order by 4pm on Wednesdays for Friday afternoon pickup or delivery. New menus are released every Saturday.
I’m still not over these chewy chocolate chip cookies. I freeze the dough balls and pop them right in the oven when I want a sweet treat.
Frozen strawberry margaritas! I added more simple syrup but we loved these. Chips and guac on the side.
Savory oatmeal on repeat. I use my overnight oatmeal recipe and then add a fried egg, avocado, sriracha, salt, pepper, olive oil, and micro greens in the morning. Sooo good.
10 Random Things About Me
1. I sleep with earplugs and a mouth guard every single night. Too sexy for my own good! I learned last year from my dentist that I grind my teeth at night my mouth guard looks like a dog gnawed on it.
2. I’ve always loved to write. My late grandpa authored books and taught hundreds of corporations, including the CIA, how to write. I used to sit in his basement while he edited my 70 page fairytales. My parents are also both amazing writers. Thanks for sending me typos in these posts every morning, Mom.
3. The only food I hate is blue cheese.
4. I’m very impulsive. If I want something, I want it right then and there.
5. I can’t touch my toes. Or do a cartwheel.
6. I started Hummusapien in 2011 when I was a sophomore in college because I loved to write and I loved to eat. I had zero expectation that anyone would read it beyond my little circle of family and friends. It became a full time job in 2016! Check out one of my earlier blog posts for a good laugh.
7. I’m very strong willed. I’m not afraid to speak out for what I believe is right for myself and for others.
8. I’ve never been on a sports team nor broken a bone.
9. I dreaded going to the grocery store with my mom when I was little. I would say “I’m not coming in!” and “don’t take a cart!”
10. I don’t like social media. Shocker! I was the last one in my group of friends to get Facebook in High School. I think I would barely go on it if it existed solely for me personally versus it being my job.
Five things I’m loving RIGHT NOW!
2. Favorite quote: “Normality is a paved road. It’s comfortable to walk but no flowers grow.”
3. On my wish list: These wireless headphones. I love my air-buds but they don’t stay in my ears when I work out. I need something for running! A random note, this Utter Nonsense game sounds hilarious. I just got it for my friend for her birthday!
5. Favorite article of clothing: This cheetah pullover sweater. It’s lightweight and looks super cute with black joggers or jeans!
What yummy meals and snacks are you loving lately? I need ideas!