A hearty lentil stew packed with vegetables. Freezer-friendly and perfect for lunch or dinner!
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small onions, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup trimmed and chopped green beans (I used frozen)
- 4 cups vegetable broth + 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1-15oz caned diced tomatoes (not drained)
- 1 medium potato, cubed
- 1 cup lentils
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large pot or dutch oven.
- Once oil is hot, add onions, celery, carrots, and a dash of salt. Sautee for about 7 minutes.
- Add garlic and sautee for another 2 minutes. Stir in the salt, italian seasoning, and bay leaves. Sautee for another minute. Add green beans, vegetable broth, water, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, potato, and lentils. Give it a stir, bring to a boil, then simmer (covered) on low for 35-45 minutes, or until lentils are tender.
- Stir in spinach and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.