This Lentil Vegetable Curry is an easy vegetarian recipe that’s perfect for a busy weeknight. Or make it ahead of time and reheat for a quick lunch or dinner!
- 2/3 cup green or brown lentils, uncooked
- 3/4 cup brown or basmati rice, uncooked
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1.5 cups (small) diced potatoes
- 1 cup diced red peppers
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 Tbsp red curry paste (hot or mild)
- 2–3 dried red peppers, minced (optional)
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch + 1 Tbsp water
- Naan (optional)
- Cook lentils according to package directions.
- Cook rice according to package directions (or use 90-second microwave rice)
- Microwave diced potatoes for 1 minute to soften.
- In a large dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Saute potatoes, peppers, onion, garlic, mixed vegetables curry paste and hot peppers for 10 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and cornstarch mixed with water and cook another 10 minutes or until vegetables reach desired tenderness.
- Stir in lentils, heat through and serve with rice and naan.