These Heathy Vegan Ginger Snaps are completely flourless and free of butter and refined sugar! A wholesome treat perfect for the holiday season.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silipat (if you just have a cookie sheet, spray very well with cooking spray).
- In a small bowl, stir together flax and water. Set aside to set for 5 minutes
- Place about 1/4 cup of coconut sugar in a small bowl to roll cookies in later. Set aside.
- Batter can be made using a food processor (recommended) or in a mixing bowl. Place the coconut sugar, baking soda, salt, and coconut oil in large bowl or food processor. Stir/process until well-combined.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients, including flax mixture, stirring/processing to combine. You should have smooth dough ball that’s slightly sticky and easy to scoop. A tablespoon cookie scoop works great here!
- Scoop the dough one heaping tablespoon at a time, roll into a ball, then roll in coconut sugar. Place onto prepared baking sheet and gently flatten cookies with hands (they won’t spread while baking.)
- Bake for 11 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.