The healthy tuna salad that we make all the time at home for quick lunches! Delicious between toasted bread or wrapped in lettuce.
- 2-5oz cans tuna
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut*
- 2 tbsp quality mayonnaise (or full fat Greek yogurt)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped dill (optional, I used freeze-dried dill)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt (optional depending on how salty your sauerkraut is, taste before adding)
- Drain tuna. Place in a large mixing bowl and flake with a fork. Add the rest of the ingredients and mash together with a fork. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Sometimes I add a sprinkle of garlic powder!
- Serve between two slices of toasted bread with lettuce.
*If you don't have sauerkraut, you can use finely chopped pickles plus some of the pickle liquid.
Keywords: healthy tuna salad