The healthy tuna salad that we make all the time at home for quick lunches! Delicious between toasted bread or wrapped in lettuce.
- 2–5oz cans tuna, drained
- ½ cup sauerkraut* (
- 2 tbsp quality mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp finely chopped dill (I used freeze-dried dill)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt (optional depending on how salty your sauerkraut is, taste before adding)
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mash together with a fork. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve between two slices of toasted bread with lettuce.
*Sauerkraut is crucial here! It adds moisture, texture, and tang. If you don’t have sauerkraut, I recommend using a different recipe.