Deliciously creamy Healthy Tuna Pasta Salad with macaroni, plenty of tuna, and peas lightened up Greek yogurt! A quick, easy and satisfying lunch or side dish.
- 8oz elbow macaroni, shells, bow-tie, or rotini (2 cups dry, can use whole wheat, gluten free, etc)
- 2-5oz cans tuna, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped celery (1 large or 2 small stalks)
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup full fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp dried dill, to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt, to taste + 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted water according to package directions.
- Drain pasta and place in a large mixing bowl to cool.
- Make dressing by whisking together yogurt, mayo, pickles, Djion, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Add onion, celery, and peas to bowl with pasta. Flake tuna into mixing bowl with a fork.
- Add dressing. Use a wooden spoon to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning (I add 1/4 tsp more salt). The flavors will meld and get better as it sits in the fridge.
You may notice the photos include capers rather than pickles; I prefer the version with pickles!