This light, summery pasta salad makes the perfect healthy lunch or potluck meal. It’s packed with veggies, and great for those adhering to a vegan and/or gluten-free diet!
For the salad:
- 8oz pasta shells of choice (gluten-free if necessary)
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small to medium cucumber, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, chopped
For the dressing:
- 2 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp chopped basil
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Whisk or blend together dressing ingredients.
- Drain pasta, rinse with cold water, and then dump into a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients including dressing, tossing to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.