Easy grilled sweet potatoes loaded with spices and grilled to perfection with a creamy cilantro lime yogurt sauce for dipping! The perfect healthy summer side dish.
For the sweet potatoes:
- 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 1/2 tbsp avocado oil (or other high heat oil)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika (smoked or regular)
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder
- Green onions and cilantro, for serving
For the crema:
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (I used 2%)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- Preheat grill to medium high for about ten minutes. Spray grates with high heat cooking spray.
- Thinly slice sweet potatoes (less than 1/4 inch). Place in a large bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Toss well to combine.
- Place sweet potatoes in an even layer on grill. Grill for 3-4 minutes and then quarter turn rounds to achieve grill marks. Cook for another 3 minutes and then flip. Cook another few minutes or until softened.
- To make crema, combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Garnish sweet potatoes with green onions and cilantro and serve with crema for dipping.