It's about that time to celebrate red, white, and [blue]berries.
The irony of writing that opening line and realizing that there are in fact zero blueberries on your pizza. Um.
Pizza. The breakfast kind.
Remember my beloved chickpea flour breakfast pizza? Of course you do! This is like his sweet cinnamony little sister. It's one of those recipes where I put "breakfast" in the title because it's slightly sweet but not quite dessert-esque, hence: break the fast.
This recipe is beyond forgiving. If you're a cinnamon monger like mwah, then double the cinnamon. Feeling spicy? Add some raw cacao and a tiny pinch of cayenne. Want to live on the wild side? Double the maple syrup and call it a HASHTAG TREAT YO'SELF.
Because lezbehonest...a "drizzle" of maple syrup is an invitation to treat your pizza like a pancake and drown that shiz.
Scoot your bottom over to Whole Foods and buy all the sunbutter in the land while you still can. You won't find this stuff in the jar for less than three times the price. With nine grams of plant-powered protein, 20% of the daily value of vitamin E, and four grams of cholesterol-lowering fiber per serving, this stuff is a nutrition powerhouse. Sunbutter is a great option for those with nut allergies as well!
And I'm prooooud to be an American, where at least I know I'm freeeeee! And I won't forget the... sunflower seeds.Print
A delicious flourless pizza loaded with fresh fruit for the perfect filling breakfast!
For the crust:
- ¼ cup chickpea flour
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
For the toppings:
- 1-2 tbsp sunflower seed butter
- Sliced fruit of choice (I like strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries)
- Flaked coconut (optional)
- Drizzle of pure maple syrup
- Heat a medium skillet sprayed with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Whisk together the crust ingredients until smooth.
- Pour batter into hot pan and cook for 4-6 minutes, or until firm and easy to flip.
- Flip and cook for another few minutes, or until set.
- Top with sunbutter, sliced fruit, coconut, and maple syrup.
[Tweet "Cheers to red, white, and blue! Fruity Flourless Breakfast Pizza via @TheHummusapien @WFMUpperArlington"]
This post is part of my ongoing partnership with Whole Foods Market Upper Arlington. Thanks for supporting the companies that support Hummusapien!