These healthy Flourless Peanut Butter Zucchini Brownies are gooey, decadent, and perfectly sweet–made with 1 bowl and 7 ingredients! They’re free of refined sugar, flour, butter, and oil. Great for those that follow a gluten-free or vegan diet and adored by those that don’t!
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter (I used salted)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (don’t squeeze out water)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (I like mini), plus more for sprinkling
- Optional: splash vanilla extract, pinch of salt if using unsalted peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8x8inch baking dish or loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients except chocolate chips in a large bowl. Stir until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Dump mixture into loaf pan and use a spatula to spread evenly in pan (you can also wet your hands and pat it down). Sprinkle top with a handful of chocolate chips, if desired. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow brownies to completely cool (I like to refrigerate mine overnight in the pan once cool) before slicing.
- I find that natural drippy peanut butter works best, not the hard kind. Look for the kind where the only ingredients are peanuts and salt. Can sub almond butter and omit sweetener for a paleo version.
- Feel free to replace flax with an egg instead if you’re not vegan.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator or freezer. Microwave for a few seconds before eating for those melty chocolate chips!