These healthy Flourless Peanut Butter Zucchini Brownies are gooey, decadent, and perfectly sweet–made with only one bowl and seven ingredients! They’re free of refined sugar, flour, butter, and oil–vegan and gluten-free.
The best recipes come to me when I’m out of all the ingredients.
Raise your hand if you remember my Almond Butter Zucchini Bars from three million years ago. CRICKETS.
Over three years ago, I was out of flour and thus made said bars out of almond butter. It was quite the life-changing day. So what’s a food blogger to do when she’s out not only of flour, but also of almond butter? She uses peanut butter. Mainly because it was 10 for $10 at Kroger, but that’s besides the point.
We’re talking the drippy kind, my friends. The kind where you open in at there’s a pool of occurring oil at the top that either nauseates you or excited you.
If you’re thinking more the former, than know this. Commence the tirade!
Why Does Natural Peanut Butter Have Oil at the Top?
In order to get rid of this separation, companies blast oil with hydrogen (hence the word “hydrogenated”) to make the oil solid. You may not see an oily layer on top, but you also aren’t seeing the harmful trans fat lurking in traditional peanut butter. The recommended intake of trans fat is ZERO, people. Consumption of these oils is directly correlated to the number one killer in America, heart disease. It’s so naughty in fact that its GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe) was recently revoked by the government. Long story short, all of these oils will be removed from processed foods in the coming years.
If that’s not an incentive to avoid partially hydrogenated oil, I don’t know what is.
End rant. All I’m saying is to buy natural peanut butter. Ingredients: Peanuts. (Salt is ok, too. Yum to salt.) It is not more expensive that regular peanut butter so leave your ‘scuses at the door, por favor.
How to Make Flourless Peanut Butter Zucchini Brownies
Guess what? You’re only seven ingredients away from these flourless peanut butter zucchini brownies! They may be vegan and free of gluten, flour, refined sugar, and oil, but the best part is how easy they are. One bowl. ONE BOWL. At this point it’s like who even cares how they taste?
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for these epic brownies:
- natural peanut butter (the drippy kind, I love the organic one from Costco)
- pure maple syrup (I imagine honey or agave would also work)
- ground flax (you could replace with an egg)
- shredded zucchini
- cocoa powder (I use cacao, a less processed form of cocoa powder, but any 100% cocoa is fine)
- baking soda
- chocolate chips (Costco and Trader Joe’s have the most affordable dairy-free chocolate chips)
I kid. They taste like my most decadent, moist, chocolatey dreams! P.S. Pretty please pretend chocolate chips are healthy for a sec and apply liberally.
Please let me know how this flourless peanut butter zucchini brownies recipe turns out for you by leaving a star rating and/or comment! Your house is about to smell soooooo good.
CRAVING MORE CHOCOLATEY GOODNESS? DON’T MISS MY OTHER GO-TO BAKING RECIPES:
- One Bowl Vegan Chocolate Zucchini Banana Bread
- The Best Vegan Brownies Recipe
- Fudgy Vegan Raspberry Almond Butter Brownies
- Vegan Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Black Bean Brownies
See how to make flourless peanut butter zucchini brownies:
Flourless Peanut Butter Zucchini Brownies
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 10 1x
- Category: Dessert
These healthy Flourless Peanut Butter Zucchini Brownies are gooey, decadent, and perfectly sweet–made with 1 bowl and 7 ingredients! They’re free of refined sugar, flour, butter, and oil. Great for those that follow a gluten-free or vegan diet and adored by those that don’t!
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter (I used salted)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (don’t squeeze out water)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (I like mini), plus more for sprinkling
- Optional: splash vanilla extract, pinch of salt if using unsalted peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8x8inch baking dish or loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients except chocolate chips in a large bowl. Stir until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Dump mixture into loaf pan and use a spatula to spread evenly in pan (you can also wet your hands and pat it down). Sprinkle top with a handful of chocolate chips, if desired. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow brownies to completely cool (I like to refrigerate mine overnight in the pan once cool) before slicing.
- I find that natural drippy peanut butter works best, not the hard kind. Look for the kind where the only ingredients are peanuts and salt. Can sub almond butter and omit sweetener for a paleo version.
- Feel free to replace flax with an egg instead if you’re not vegan.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator or freezer. Microwave for a few seconds before eating for those melty chocolate chips!
@hummusapien on Instagram!Let me know by leaving a review or tagging