Since these muffins are so itty bitty, it only makes sense that this post is teeny tiny, too.
I’ve spent more hours this week than I care to admit sipping on three million cups of chai tea with soy curled over my computer like a hunchback madwoman typing away about the perceptions of cancer survivors harvesting at an urban garden. Luck Bros coffee shop and Cup O Joe surely think I’m homeless. I mean I may just bring a sleeping bag tomorrow.
That batter…prettiest thing I ever did see. I think I ate half a pan’s worth with my finger. No buttah, no refined sugah, no flowah….you know the drill.
I defend my thesis in one week. ONE WEEK. Ermygerd. I’m dying on the inside.
Everything I eat is from a crockpot or a muffin tin. Thanks a bajillion to Happy Healthy Mama for introducing me to the miracle that is the blender muffin, which inspired this recipe. I should add her to the acknowledgments in my thesis. Dump, eat, muffin, repeat. If it weren’t for the twenty mini muffins in the fridge, who knows if I’d graduate. Or eat. Or shower.
Today, lettuce raise our glass to flourless muffins! Muffins, sanity and brevity.
Or lack thereof…Print
Flourless Mini Chocolate Raspberry Muffins
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Total Time: 22 mins
- Yield: 16 mini muffins 1x
- Cuisine: Dessert/Snack
Super moist chocolate muffins made from almond butter and studded with chocolate chips and fresh raspberries! Made without flour, refined sugar or butter, this is one chocolatey treat you won’t feel guilty about.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray. (You could also use a regular 12 cup muffin tin and increase the cooking time by about 4 minutes.)
- In a small bowl, whisk together ground flaxseed and water. Set aside to gel for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine almond butter, banana, maple syrup, vanilla, cocoa powder and baking powder in a large food processor. Add in flax mixture. Process until smooth. The batter will be thin. Stir in raspberries and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter evenly into muffin tin. Bake for about 11-13 minutes, or until muffins are set.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Adapted from Happy Healthy Mama’s 5-Ingredient Blender Muffins
@hummusapien on Instagram!Let me know by leaving a review or tagging
Don’t forget that you have until this Thursday, March 20th to enter the Delicious Probiotic Drinks Cookbook giveaway!