Made with almond butter, fresh lemon juice and pure maple syrup, these flourless muffins are a delicious spring snack that you won't feel guilty about!
- 1 tbsp chia seeds + 3 tbsp water (or 1 egg)
- 1/2 cup raw creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Juice (about 2 tbsp) and zest of half a lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Stir together chia seeds and water to make chia "egg." Set aside to gel for a few minutes.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a blender or food processor, adding chia egg last. Blend to combine. You may need to use a spatula to fully incorporate the almond butter and to get all the batter into the muffin tin.
- Pour batter evenly into muffin tin, filling almost to the top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until muffins are set.
- Store in the refrigerator.