You'd never guess that these tasty apple cinnamon cookies were made with high-fiber chickpeas!
- 1-15oz can chickpeas, drained and well rinsed
- 8 large Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup nut butter (I used cashew butter, but almond or peanut would also work)
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray (or line with parchment paper or Silipat) and set aside.
- Make sure to rinse the chickpeas very well so they don't taste beany. Shake off the excess water before dumping them into a large food processor. Add in the rest of the ingredients (except apple). Process for a full two minutes, or until batter is very smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides. Fold in chopped apple.
- Spoon batter onto cookie sheet. It will be very wet and sticky (like hummus). The batter will thicken as it sits. Wet your hands and pat them down into smooth cookies. You should have about 16.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until lightly browned and set.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.