If your lunch is packed in a big blue Trader Joe’s lunchbox, it’s destined for greatness.
…some one very wise once said.
I’ve been packing my lunch at night lately before I go to bed and it’s been saving me loooooooooots of precious time in the morning. I prefer to spend the majority of my morning making/eating breakfast, so having lunch ready to go in the fridge is a big plus.
Leftover quinoa quiche with an apple for lunch.
Pumpkin protein bar for snack.
Tofu cutlets + another apple + greek yogurt for class at night. Ehhhhh that didn’t happen. I ended up getting a monstrous greek salad and eating it with the tofu for dinner during class.
With lunch all packed up, I had time to sit down for a good two minutes and enjoy oats with peanut butter, berries and flax in the morning.
When I got home, I was really craving something chocolately and peanut buttery and hot. AND I recently discovered that dipping a dark chocolate covered pretzel in drippy peanut butter is literally one of the best combinations of snackity sweet and salty desserts on god’s green Earth.
Okay, wait. I meant to say that combining those peanut buttery chocolate pretzels with more peanut butter and more chocolate in oatmeal form is ACTUALLY one of the best combos ever.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup milk + 1/2 cup water (or all water)
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup/sugar (optional)
- dash of vanilla
- 3 chocolate covered pretzels, crumbled
- 1/2-1 tbsp drippy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips
- Combine oats, milk, water (or all water) and salt in a large microwavable bowl.
- Microwave for three minutes. Make sure to use a large bowl or it will overflow!
- Stir in vanilla and maple syrup.
- Drizzle with drippy peanut butter and top with crushed pretzels and chocolate chips.
Oatmeal for breakfast and oatmeal for dessert.