This salad completes me.
You can't not like Brussels sprouts after you taste this salad. It's like the epitome of brussels sprout potential---roasted and then, and THEN.... slathered in the most deliciously creamy (yet vegan) and totally decadent curry sauce. And ya know, throw some chewy golden raisins and crunchy toasted walnuts in there just cuz.
This salad is everything. The flavor and texture is nothing short of spot on. Blending almonds and water as the base of the dressing creates this insane creaminess that's quite literally finger-lickin' good. The slight sweetness in the dressing comes from dates, my favorite natural sweetener ever. I'm convinced that dates have no flaws.
I originally made this salad for Alchemy because it gets better and better as the flavors merry together in the fridge. I know people turn their noses up at Brussels sprouties, but trust me, these aren't the boring boiled kind that plagued your childhood. You have no option but to make them and love them and make them again and love them even more the next time.
Though I'm no carnivore, I have a strong hunch that these would be quite tasty with some bacon mixed in. Perhaps some coconut bacon or eggplant bacon for us herbies?
This is like the little black dress of salads. Everyone needs one!
Packed with golden raisins and toasted walnuts, this creamy brussels sprout salad is so delicious that you'd never guess it was healthy and guilt-free!
For the salad:
- 6 cups brussels spouts, sliced into halves or thirds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
For the dressing:
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup raw almonds
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 pitted Medjool dates
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Slice ends off brussels sprouts and then slice in halves or thirds. Place in an even layer on lined baking sheet (you may need two). Drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 20-25 minutes, or until browned.
- Meanwhile, combine all dressing ingredients in a blender. Blend until completely smooth and creamy.
- In a large bowl, combine roasted brussels sprouts, golden raisins, and walnuts. Drizzle the with the dressing and toss to combine.
Inspired by this Kale Slaw with Curried Almond Dressing