A mild, creamy, nutrient-dense cauliflower and vegetable soup that will heal the soul this winter!
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- A couple sprigs fresh thyme, to taste
- 1 tsp salt (more or less to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place cashews in a bowl and cover with warm water. Set aside.
- Place red onion and bell pepper on a baking sheet. Add oil and toss to coat. Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway, or until veggies are golden.
- Heat a soup pot or dutch oven over medium heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Once hot, add carrots and celery. Saute for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cauliflower and saute for another 5 minutes. Add roasted vegetables, thyme, and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low and simmer (covered) for about 20 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Ladle a couple cups of soup into a high-speed blender. Add cashews and blend (careful, it will be hot) until completely smooth. Blend the rest of the soup in batches until smooth and creamy.
- Season with salt, pepper, and thyme to taste.