This post is sponsored by Ocean Spray®. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Hummusapien possible!
The delish coziness of fall has me craving candles and baking and pinecones and coffee and all things…warm!
So yes, I’m conflicted. I’m bamboozled about the fact that it’s 90 degrees outside amidst all the oversized sweaters and caramel apples and hay rides and leaf wreathes. Is it just me or is Mother Nature resisting #pumpkinspicelattes?
Something quite odd happened when I went to the store to gather the ingredients for these muffies. I couldn’t find fresh cranberries! And not only could I not find them, they didn’t have them. I was told that they wouldn’t be in for a few weeks, although I was nearly positive that mid-September is the season to buy fresh cranberries.
I’m learning something new about the seasons every day!
The good news is that these zero bowl muffins (cuz you make them in the blender, you see) have two full cups of the new Ocean Spray® 100% Juice Organic Cranberry so they’re still bursting with plenty o’ cranberry goodness. You can snag this juice in the non-refrigerated juice section at Kroger (or your local Kroger banner store). Might I also add that a splash is very delish in a bowl of oatmeal with toasty pecans? And tons of cinnamon. I also encourage you to check out the other flavors in this stellar new organic juice line-up by checking out their website here!
And tons of cinnamon.
If you’re blessed with fresh cranberries in your area, definitely toss a big handful into the batter post blending. You lucky duck!
I’m such a sucker for the cranberry + orange + cinnamon combo. I promise the extra step to zest an orange is SO worth when it comes to boosting the flavor of these here blender muffins. I’ve been enjoying these crumbled over yogurt, in the morning with coffee, and as an after dinner treat. They’re timeless!
Did you notice that this recipe is vegan and gluten-free and 100% whole grain? And that they don’t require any oil or eggs or a even a bowl? Inspired by this awesome Vegan Blender Muffin recipe, they’re truly a fall baking dream come true!
Even if you do have to turn the oven on in 90 degree weather. I swear that a warm muffin right outta the oven with a drizzle of maple syrup (and maybe a grind of sea salt because you know I’m Team Salt) is beyond worth the extra heat.
If you can’t handle the heat…turn up your AC and make a double batch.
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats (not quick oats, certified GF if necessary)
- ½ cup pecan pieces
- ½ cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- Zest of an orange
- 2 cups Ocean Spray® 100% Juice Organic Cranberry
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Add the oats, pecans, coconut sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and baking soda to a high-speed blender. Blend until well combined.
- Add orange zest, juice, applesauce, and vanilla extract. Blend again just until smooth, stopping once with a fork or spatula make sure there's no dry mix stuck to the bottom. The batter will thicken as it sits.
- Pour batter evenly into muffin tin filling to the top, and garnish with extra oats if desired. Bake for 24 minutes or until a fork comes out clean.
- Cool muffins in tin for 10 minutes before carefully transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.