These Cranberry Pecan Goat Cheese Bites are made with Orange Bourbon Cranberry Sauce paired with creamy goat cheese, toasty pecans, and fresh rosemary for an easy and delicious holiday appetizer. Gluten-free with a vegan option.
For the Orange Bourbon Cranberry Sauce (easily doubles!):
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 1 large orange, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 2 tbsp bourbon (can omit)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
For the bites:
- 1 batch Orange Bourbon Cranberry Sauce (you’ll have leftovers)
- 1 box Dr. Praeger’s Broccoli Littles (or 1 baguette sliced into 1/2 inch slices)
- 2 oz goat cheese, at room temperature (sub hummus for vegan option)
- chopped pecans, for garnish
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped
- sea salt
- Make cranberry sauce by first rinsing and sorting through cranberries, removing any mushy ones. Place all ingredients except vanilla extract in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for about 12 minutes or until thickened. Stir in vanilla. Place in a bowl and set aside. The sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450F and bake Broccoli Littles according to package directions. If using a baguette instead, bake slices at 400F for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- When ready to assemble, gently place a smear of of goat cheese on each broccoli bite. (If you try to spread the cheese, the bites will break.) Then top each bite with a dollop of cranberry sauce, chopped rosemary, a sprinkle of pecans, and sea salt. These are delicious at room temperature and even better heated in the oven until the cheese is warmed!
Orange Bourbon Cranberry Sauce can be served on its own with Thanksgiving dinner or stirred into oatmeal, yogurt, etc.