A super easy, tasty, and moist Chocolate Banana Bread Pudding made with ripe bananas, whole grain bread, and chocolate chips that the whole family will love!
- 4 cups cubed bread (the older the better, I used a whole grain baguette)
- 2 cups Sir Bananas chocolate bananamilk (or milk of choice*)
- 2 medium over-ripe bananas
- 3 large eggs
- 2-4 tbsp pure maple syrup (I used 2)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (and perhaps some walnuts, too!)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8x8in baking dish with cooking spray.
- Chop or tear bread into cubes. Place in baking dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl or blender, add chocolate bananamilk (or below substitution), bananas, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon. Blend until smooth or stir until very well-combined.
- Pour mixture evenly over bread cubes. Top evenly with chocolate chips. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 50 minutes to an hour or until a knife comes out clean (mine took 55 minutes). Let cool in pan on a wire rack. Top with ice cream if desired and serve warm or cold!
*can sub 1 1/2 cups milk of choice + 1 very ripe mashed banana + 2 tbsp cocoa powder + 2 tbsp maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)