Ummmmmm. Friends, sometimes there are no words.
Splendid. Stupendous. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. Allow me first to answer your unasked questions. Do you need an ice cream maker for this recipe? Nope.
Do you need whole milk and heavy cream for this recipe? Definitely not.
Do you need the willpower not to eat the whole thang in one sitting? Yep, you’ll need lotsa that. That’s code for I legit ate half the tupperware for lunch today, #sorryimnotsorry.
Last one. Ew, weird name….does this actually taste like avocado? Well….not really. I’m not gonna act like this is spinach in a green smoothie that you don’t taste at all. You can definitely taste the avocado, but that’s what makes it so darn perfect. It screams chocolatey creamy perfection with notes of avocado in the background. And lemme tell ya, I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Sweetened with honey and some wee little chocolate chippies, this ice cream is the real deal. So real in fact that you should go whip it up right now considering it takes like ten seconds. I haven’t even told you the best part yet. The suspense is killing you, I know. The very best part of this recipe is that you could, if you really wanted to, just eat it as chocolate mouse instead of freezing it into ice cream. You’ll need a hughjass spoon.
The other night I made Danny leave during the middle of Master Chef to get me ice cream with hot fudge. Do I seem like someone who would order hot fudge? It’s gotta be filled with hydrogenated whatchamacallits and corn syrup out the wazoo, right? Probs. But cravings get the best of you sometimes, right ladies? That’s why you must stash this chococado ice cream in your freezer to have for chocolate emergencies when you don’t want to be unjustly forced into eating hot fudge with an ingredient list as long as my hair.
It would be straight up weird if you didn’t make this pronto. I die I die I die.
Double Chocolate Avocado Ice Cream
-inspired by this recipePrint
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup canned lite coconut milk
- 1/4 cup honey or pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- dash of salt
- 3 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- Place avocado and all ingredients in a blender or food processor (I used my nutribullet). It may take some stirring, but eventually it should blend together and become super smooth and creamy. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Once all the ingredients are well blended, pour into a container and freeze, covered, for at least 4-6 hours, or until frozen solid. Once frozen, remove from freezer and let ice cream soften on the counter for a while before trying to scoop it. You could also zap in in the microwave for a few seconds until it’s scoopable.