Scone versus biscuit versus savory muffin versus blob of palate-pleasing dough…call it what you will.
They’re all a little different, if you’re gonna get all scientific about it. All I know for sure is they’re a cross between all of the above and you’re guaranteed to adore them!
I partnered with my lovely pals at Simple Mills this week for an Instagram takeover featuring one of my favorite things on this planet…breakfast. Pancakes and cookies and chia pudding and biscuits oh my!
What is Simple Mills all about, you ask? Welp, they make super simple, squeeky clean baking mixes that just so happen to be gluten, grain, dairy, and soy free. From chocolate muffins and vanilla cake to pancakes and pizza dough, they’ve got you covered with real ingredients and taste you can trust.
I have a current obsession with the Artisan Bread Mix and it runs reeeeal deep!
Grab and go breakfasts are all the rage right now. We’re always rush rush rushing, gulping down a smoothie or smooshing a banana zucchini oatmeal cup in our face hole as we fly out the door. I’m all about the sweet tooth, but this time I wanted a savory option. An easy savory option. One that was cheezy. And hiding a veggie or three.
And vegan, duh.
Without further adieu, I present to you these fluffy dough blobs of joy that will surely make your heart skip a beat. Feel free to whip up a batch this weekend for a savory breakfast or snack all week long.
(Feel free is code for DO IT.)Print
Cheezy Vegan Biscuits
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 23 mins
- Total Time: 33 mins
- Yield: 9-12 1x
Packed with fresh spinach and chives, these easy vegan biscuits are a tasty grab-and-go breakfast or snack.
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed + 6 tbsp water (or 2 eggs)
- 1 box Simple Mills artisan bread mix
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Place ground flax and water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together bread mix, nutrition yeast, garlic powder, baking soda, and salt. Add water, olive oil, and flax egg, stirring to combine.
- Fold in spinach and chives. Drop by large spoonful onto baking sheet. (You may need to wet your hands and lightly shape biscuits with fingers.)
- Bake for 23 minutes. Serve warm with vegan buttery spread or topping of choice!
@hummusapien on Instagram!Let me know by leaving a review or tagging
[Tweet “Breakfast of champions! Cheezy Vegan Biscuits via @TheHummusapien @simplemills #startsimple2016”]
This post is sponsored by Simple Mills. Thanks for supporting the brands that support Hummusapien!