These decadent Fudgy Black Bean Zucchini Cookies make the best healthy treat! Vegan and gluten-free.
- 1 medium zucchini, grated + water squeezed out
- 1-15oz can black beans, drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- 2 tbsp almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips + more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silipat.
- Chop ends off and grate zucchini. Place in a sieve or strainer to drain.
- Add black beans, almond butter, dates, cacao, oats, coconut sugar, vanilla, baking powder, and salt to a food processor. Process until well-combined.
- Add zucchini and process again for another 30 seconds, or until well-combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter onto the baking sheet. The batter will be wet and sticky and that's okay! Wetting your hands may help. You should have about 14-16 cookies.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. (I love popping them in the microwave for 10 seconds before eating!)