- For the salad:
- 3 cups leafy mixed greens
- 8 oz green beans, ends removed and sliced in half
- 1 15oz can beets, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- For the dressing:
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- squirt of honey (about a tsp)
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- Bring a medium pot of salted water (a couple inches) to boil. Set aside a large bowl of ice water for the green beans.
- Blanch the beans. (Add green beans to pot and boil for about three minutes, or until just tender.)
- Drain beans and let them sit in the ice bath for a few minutes to chill.
- Prepare dressing by whisking together dijon, red wine vinegar, olive oil and honey. Season with a good pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, combine mixed greens, drained green beans, sliced beets and sliced red onion. Toss with desired amount of dressing, add a pinch of salt and pepper and serve.