A vegan banana bread snack bar made with nuts, oats, dates and protein powder to keep you fuller, longer!
- 1/2 cup pitted Medjool dates, packed (about 9 large dates)
- 1/2 cup mashed overripe banana (about 1 medium banana)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder (I used MCT Lean)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper or plastic wrap and set aside. To help the parchment paper stick, you can spray the pan with cooking spray first.
- Blend dates, banana and vanilla in a large food processor for about a minute, or until smooth. Add walnuts, almonds, 3/4 cup of the oats, flaxseed, cinnamon and salt and blend for another minute or two, or until fairly smooth.
- Scrape down the sides and add in the other 1/4 cup of oats and protein powder. Process for another minute or until the mixture is well combined. It will be very thick and sticky. Stir in optional chocolate chips.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan. With wet hands, flatten in pan until it looks fairly even throughout.
- Place pan in freezer for at least 2-3 hours. Remove from freezer and slice into 10 bars.
- Store bars in freezer–they can be eaten directly from the freezer without thawing.
Adapted from these Cinnamon Roll Protein Bars