Sometimes it’s fall and you want to do fallish things like pick pumpkins and eat caramel apple lollipops and swan dive into warm apple pies.
And maybe they’re not made with quinoa and chia seeds.
Maybe they have three cups of sugar and two pounds of butter and you don’t feel…
You don’t feel…
..super duper amazing after the first (I mean third) piece.
So let’s do a healthy, snackable, and oh-so-adorable version of Fall’s best dessert. Smother them in almond butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Dunk them in vanilla almond milk Dip them in ice cream weeeee!
These babies are the second recipe I made for the Kohl’s #MakeYourMove campaign where I promised to deliver, easy, healthy, delish plant-based recipes that the whole family will drool over. Guaranteed. Remember the Slow Cooker Curried Butternut Chili? It’s a winner. Like first place.
The best part about these bites is that they’re super forgiving. Use whatever dried fruit and nuts you’d like or leave them out. You could even do pears instead apples. CRAZY, I know.
Snacking just got so much easier, my lovelies. Dig in!
- ½ cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium Gala apple, diced
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp chia sees
- 2 tbsp chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp almond meal
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a mini muffin tin (2 12-cup pans or 1 24-cup pan) with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place quinoa, water, apple, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring a a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer (covered) for 12-15 minutes, or until quinoa is cooked through. If there is extra water, that's ok!
- Remove pot from heat. Stir in maple syrup, vanilla, chia seeds, pecans, dried cranberries, almond meal, and baking soda. Mix well.
- Spoon mixture into mini muffin tin, filing nearly to the top. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until set.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
[Tweet “Quinoa in apple pie form! Apple Pie Quinoa Bites via @TheHummusapien @kohls #makeyourmove”]
This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of Kohl’s.