- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 medium carrots, grated (1 cup)
- 1 large tart apple or 2 small, grated or finely diced (1 heaping cup)
- Optional add-ins: walnuts, raisins, shredded coconut, dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the dry ingredients (oat flour through salt).
- In another bowl, beat together the egg, applesauce and vanilla. Stir in grated carrot and apple.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. You should have about 8 muffins.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes in pan on a cooling rack. Then carefully remove muffins from tin and allow them to cool completely on rack.
- Store muffins in a Tupperware in the refrigerator.
- Calories: 123
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 250 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 19 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 4 g