A delicious grain-free almond pancake studded with berries, just like our ancestors would like it.
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup berries (I used frozen that I let thaw for a bit)
- oil/butter for cooking
- pure maple syrup
- Heat a large pan/griddle over medium heat. Add enough oil/butter to lightly coat the pan. You’ll need a nice amount or else they’ll stick. Add more between each batch.
- Mix together all ingredients except berries in a medium bowl until combined.
- Make sure pan is nice and hot before cooking the pancakes. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to pour batter onto pan. Top each cake with a few berries.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side. IMPORTANT: do not flip until they look set and are easy to flip! If they look too liquidy, don’t try to flip them yet!
- Top pancakes with maple berry syrup: combine about 1/4 cup berries with 1 tbsp maple syrup.
Nutrition information does NOT include butter/oil used to cook pancakes
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 270
- Sugar: 3.5 g
- Sodium: 576 mg
- Fat: 20 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 13.5 g