Yesssss, I’m one of those people who thinks the holiday season starts in November. Natalie here to share some of the coziest fall breakfast recipes that are sure to inspire to put on some fuzzy socks, turn on your favorite playlist and get your creative booty back in the kitchen!
I don’t know about you, but the change of seasons always inspires me to switch things up in life. Wardrobe, routine, music, and this year, diet. Remember Alexis’ post on living her unicorn life? Since starting my journey to intuitive eating and true health, I’ve been challenged to get creative in the kitchen and find joy in making foods that were previously off limits. To let loose.
Not only will this allow me to incorporate more “normal” foods into my life, but it will also serve as a means of reducing stress and anxiety. Instead of seeing food as something I am supposed to control (or something that controls me), I can now appreciate it for the experience it offers.
I’m learning to slow down and take it all in: the excitement of picking a new recipe, the process of putting all the ingredients together, and the joy of jamming out to my favorite song while I do the dishes and the smell of delish banana bread fills my house.
Sounds dreamy, doesn’t it? Most of the time it is, but sometimes it’s not. I didn’t start working with a dietitian and go from a place of restriction to total food freedom overnight. Like everything in life, it’s more of a journey than a destination.
It’s not a glamorous process and some days are really hard, but then there are moments like the one I described above that make me so dang happy I decided to speak up and ask for help because I know that the joy I’m experiencing now is just a taste of what is to come.
If you’re not feeling totally free around food, think about trying one thing to get you a step closer. Growth is compiled of small changes repeated over and over again which is actually so great because it means baby steps matter! I’m challenging myself to take a step forward by choosing one recipe that’s out of my comfort zone and enjoying the heck out of it. Now all I have to do is decide—donuts or pumpkin pull-apart bread?!
1. Maple Oat Scones via The Seaside Baker
2. Apple Pecan Breakfast Bake via The Rebel Chick
3. Pumpkin Pancakes with Berry Compote via The Charming Detroiter
5. Pumpkin Pull-Apart Bread via Wood and Spoon
6. Brown Butter Cranberry Cornbread Skillet via Ambitious Kitchen
8. Easy Huevos Rancheros via Isabel Eats
9. Baked Oatmeal with Figs via Give Recipe
11. Pumpkin and Almond Ricotta Stuffed Buckwheat Crepes via Culinary Postcards
12. Kimchi Sweet Potato Hash via Organically Mandy
14. Apple Cider Donuts with Maple Frosting via Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
15. Crispy Waffles with Cinnamon Honey Butter via Kitschen Cat
16. Freezer Breakfast Burritos via Appetites Anonymous
17. Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Bake via Paleo Running Momma
19. Vegan Apple Pecan Cinnamon Buns via The Curious Chickpea
21. Blueberry Streusel Muffins via What’s Gaby Cooking
22. Vanilla Bourbon Pear Baby Dutch Pancake via My Kitchen Love
24. Baked Breakfast Potatoes via Lemons for Lulu
25. Pumpkin Cream Cheese French Toast Casserole via Laughing Spatula