How dreamy does a veggie burger that actually sticks together sound?!
Trader Joe’s pre-cooked lentils are one of the best things that ever happened to my crazy kitchen. It’s not like standing over the stove for thirty minutes watching lentils cook is the worst thing that could ever happen to me, but I can think of seventy-eight other things I’d rather be doing. Like washing my socks.
Or eating these blondie bites.
Sometimes life takes unexpected turns. Sometimes those turns help build you up and sometimes they bring you to your knees. Sometimes those really, insanely, intensely crappy things happen out of no where and they make you too lazy and too sad and too numb to wash your socks, floss, and eat blondies.
And cook lentils.
So thank you Trader Joe’s for giving me the gift of cooked lentils when the last thing I want to do with my thirty minutes of free times is stare at simmering legumes. Thank you black Zella leggings for comforting my legs when jeans sound about as appetizing as fat-free mayonnaise. Thank you Barnes and Noble for giving me the gift of thousands of unread pages to occupy my racing mind.
And last but not least, thank you lentil burgers for sticking together when other things are falling apart!Print
Ginger Peanut Lentil Burgers
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Total Time: 22 mins
- Yield: 5 1x
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, de-seeded and chopped
- 2 1/2 cups cooked lentils (17.6oz)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/3 cup whole-grain breadcrumbs
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and spray liberally with olive oil spray.
- Place grated carrot, cilantro, ginger, garlic and jalapeño in a large food processor. Pulse a few times until combined.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Process until all of the ingredients are well-combined, but not to the point where the mixture is a paste. There should still be some texture!
- Form mixture into 5 burgers. Cook for 5-6 minutes per side, or until golden.
@hummusapien on Instagram!Let me know by leaving a review or tagging
The winner of the Whole Foods giveaway is Halle! Congratulations!