This simple vegan and gluten-free peach crisp only requires 8 ingredients and comes together in minutes! Whip it up for a tasty treat the whole family will adore.
I have to tell you guys sumpseeeeng SERIOUS.
I’m going paleo.
Like steak status.
Wait. I know you didn’t take that seriously.
What I really have to tell you is that I did my 7th grade science project on how the size of the peach effects the size of the pit. Or was it vice versa?
Either way, I basically studied one of the most unimportant facts of nature that there ever was. Who on God’s green earth was I thinking I was helping by doing randomized trials on peaches and their pits?
To think I could’ve studied hummus or pine cones or precipitation or something that mattered even a LITTLE.
So to answer your unasked question, according to my 7th grade calculations, the size of the peach has absolutely no effect on the size of the pit.
Onto things that actually matter, like your taste buds. This peach crisp came about because I bought bags on bags of frozen peaches and I’ve had one too many peach protein smoothies, if that’s even possible. I mean we all know I’m a blueberry girl at heart.
It also came about because the other night I wanted dessert and I wanted it FAST. I didn’t want to get out the food processor and to be completely frank, I didn’t want to spend more than ten minutes of my precious potential sleep time on chopping or mixing or sauteeing anything that wasn’t absolutely positively necessary.
Talk about high-maintenance!
This peach crisp is a real winner. It takes next to no time to throw it together, but it tastes like one of those sinfully delish there’s-no-way-this-is-healthy-or-vegan-or-gluten-free dishes.
You could easily replace peaches with pretty much any fruit you fancy. But hey, then it wouldn’t be a very peachy peach crisp now would it?
- 1 lb + 1 cup frozen peach slices
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats (certified GF if needed)
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (do not melt)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray an 8x8in baking with cooking spray. Place peaches in baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond meal, oats, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and salt, stirring to combine. Add pure maple syrup and coconut oil. Use your fingers to combine mixture until it's moist and crumbly.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly over peaches. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remover from oven and place on cooling rack to cool.