Why be red and green when you can be red and…brown.
….said these cookadees.
It’s like biting into a sweet nothing with a pop of not just beauteous bright red color, but also the perfectly tart flavor flave that is a fresh (or frozen) cranberry. I’m INTO cranberries. Really, REALLY into these cranbambams.
They were maaaaaaade to be stuffed into a chocolate protein cookie, don’t you agree?
Remember these banana nut protein cookies? The perfect little post-workout snack chock full of plant-powered protein? (I use my favorite Vega Chocolate Protein + Greens in these bad boys, by the way.)
Welp, I got all seasonal on ya and decided to create a christmahanukwanzaakah version, which according to Urban Dictionary, may be defined as “the ultimate winter fusian holiday.” Sir Urban then goes on to explain that “this holiday is useful for a family of many different religions (I can’t imagine why but this is a good contingency plan for those of you not married, engaged, or met your significant other yet.)”
How long does it last? “It lasts 16 days, one for Christmas, eight for Hanukkah, and six for Kwanzaa.”
IMO, celebrating for 16 days > celebrating for one or eight or six. I see it as all the more days you have eat and drink and be merry.
No matter what you do or don’t celebrate, lettuce extend the festivities in honor of healthy chocolate cookies chock full of cranberries.Print
Cranberry Chocolate Protein Cookies
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 13 mins
- Total Time: 23 mins
- Yield: 12-14 1x
- Category: Dessert
Enjoy these six-ingredient flourless chocolate cranberry protein cookies as a post-workout treat or an anytime snack! Only 6 ingredients.
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats (use certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup chocolate protein powder (I used Vega Chocolate Protein + Greens)
- 2–3 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen cranberries (I used frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silipat.
- In a medium bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Add oats, almond meal, and protein powder, stirring to combine. It may seem dry, but keep mixing! Fold in chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Using wet hands, roll dough into about 14 balls. Place about 2 inches apart on baking sheet. Lightly flatten with hands.
- Bake for about 13 minutes, or until set. Allow cookies to cool for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
@hummusapien on Instagram!Let me know by leaving a review or tagging
[Tweet “A healthy cookie!! Cranberry Chocolate Protein Cookies via @TheHummusapien”]
And wouldyalookatthat, my blogger boos brought some more treats to the table!
Lindsay has me all excited with her Cranberry Clementine Salsa.
Julia made me a salad weeee! This Cranberry Kale Salad with Roasted Pecans and Feta.
Arman whipped out these Healthy No Bake Berry Bliss Bites.
Sarah baked dreamy Cranberry Orange Thumbprint Cookies.
And last but not least, Kylie created some divine Winter Sangria sans the booze!