This year was like WOAH.
Life got in the way of today’s scheduled What I Ate Wednesday post. Instead of talking about the twenty three pieces of bread I ate yesterday, lettuce chat about what made 2014 the best year yet for Hummusapien!
It was without a doubt the busiest, most exciting, and most challenging year of my entire life. I graduated with my master’s degree in nutrition. I became a registered dietitian. I landed my dream job and helped create Alchemy, an innovative health food space that intersects health care and food. I grew my blog readership to over nearly 130,000 views per month. I started writing for The Huffington Post. And this Friday morning at 9:45am I’ll be cooking on Good Day Columbus for the first time!
From the very bottom of my legume-loving heart, thank you for all of support this year. Your lovely comments and emails fill me with gratitude and inspire me to write even when I feel like my brain is full of lentils. The funny thing is that the posts with the most views this year were actually posts from 2013, including Hearty Lentil, Kale, and Potato Soup, Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes, Skinny Vegan Lasagna, and Double Chocolate Avocado Ice Cream. Without further adieu, here are your favorites from 2014!
2. No-Bake Banana Nut Protein Bars // You don’t have to cook these, they’re damn tasty, and they’re good for you. Need I say more?
3. Peanut Butter Banana Chickpea Cookies // These pillowy little cookies are full of fiber and they’ll satisfy your sweet tooth. Win!
4. Strawberry Quinoa Oatmeal Bars // If you aren’t feeling chocolate, these adorable little dessert bars are most definitely the next best thing!
5. Banana Coconut Chia Pudding Parfaits // This was one of the first recipes shot with my new camera!
6. Easy Make-Ahead Apple Cinnamon Steel-Cut Oatmeal // If you’re anything like me, you like waking up to breakfast all cooked up for you. This oatmeal is the answer to all of your morning laziness problems!
7. Chocolate Peanut Butter Dessert Hummus // Just as addicting as savory hummus, except more.
8. Vegan Zucchini Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins // One reader commented that these were her favorites muffins EVER.
9. Roasted Broccoli Chickpea Burgers with Spicy Cashew Mayo // We now serve this orgasmic sauce on Alchemy’s bean burger. It’s that good.
10. Super Easy Mexican Crockpot Casserole // This meal is a one-pot wonder and I make it ALL the time.
This winner of the Skoop giveaway is Marissa (@strong.as.the.green.sea44)! Congrats! Email me your shipping information to firstname.lastname@example.org.